Initial and Periodic Inspection and Testing of Electrical Installations (2391-52)
Are you a qualified electrician looking for new career opportunities?
This course helps you to develop the knowledge and practical skills required to professionally inspect and carry out initial verification and periodic inspection and testing on electrical installations.
The course will cover the specific methods of inspecting and testing all types of installations, whether single or three-phase, to the current requirements of IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition BS :7671. It covers the inspection and testing techniques as given in IET Guidance Note 3 and how to professionally complete Certification and Reports.
A 2391 qualification is currently required in order to gain your JIB grading as an approved electrician.
This course covers the following topics:
- Safe isolation of electrical circuits and installations
- Requirements for initial verification of electrical installations
- Completing the inspection of electrical installations prior to their being placed into service
- Safe testing and commissioning of electrical installations
- Testing energised installations
- Requirements for the completion of electrical installation certificates and associated documentation
- Safety of systems and equipment prior to completion of inspection, testing and commissioning
- Inspection of electrical installations prior to them being placed into service
- Commissioning electrotechnical systems and equipment
This 5.5-day course is classroom-based. You will be assessed through an online multiple-choice exam, 2 written assessments and a practical assessment. You will typically spend 5 consecutive days in the classroom and return for half a day to complete the practical.
We are able to deliver this as a day, weekend or evening course.
Must be 18 years old or older.
Proficiency in literacy and numeracy.
Minimum of 1 years’ experience of substantial testing experience (regular).
3 + years electrical installation experience.
Experience and knowledge of 3-phase Installations.
What we provide
- Dedicated Account Manager
- Fully employed technical team
- Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations Learning Guide
- Loan of course literature
Course Literature needed for the course
- IET 18th Edition Wiring Regulations BS:7671
- 18th Edition On-Site Guide BS 7671:2018 Wiring Regulations
- IET Guidance Note 3: Inspection & Testing
We can loan you this book for the duration of the course or we can order in for you.
£950.00 (excl. VAT)
Which centres we deliver this at
Waterlooville, Dartford and Warrington
Can it be delivered off site
You may also be interested in theseSee all Electrical courses
This course is aimed at practising electricians who have not carried out inspection and testing since…
The course will ensure that you are meeting the requirements for carrying out formal visual inspections…