Don’t let the AM2 assessment catch you out…
This course is a revision course recommended prior to you sitting the full AM2 assessment. This course is offered over either a 1 or 2 day period, depending on the level of preparation required.
The AM2 is the final test you will need to gain your JIB Gold Card. More recently the AM2S has been developed as an end-point assessment for the new Electrical Installation Trailblazer Apprenticeship standard.
Our recommendation is that you undertake the AM2 preparation course as close to the actual date of your AM2 as possible.
This course covers the following topics:
Day 1 – Theory
- AM2 assessment requirements
- Hints and tips on passing the assessment
- Types of cable and terminations
- 2 way and intermediate wiring
- DOL starter terminations
- S plan central heating
- Inspection and testing
- Practice CAT 5 terminations
Day 2 – Practical
- Identify and demonstrate safe isolation of circuits
- List fault protection devices
- List the circuit configurations to enable quicker fault location
- Demonstrate the correct use of testing equipment
- Carry out practical fault finding and evaluate test results
- List the main types of earthing systems and ADS
This course is classroom based.
Having passed various electrical technical certificates or NVQ and preparing to undertake the AM2.
It is expected that you will have the minimum levels of literacy and numeracy (ideally to Level 2).
Learners must be at least 18 years of age.
What we provide
- Dedicated Account Manager
- Fully employed technical team
- AM2 Preparation Handbook
Course Literature needed for the course
1 Day Course: £150.00 (excl. vat)
2 Day Course: £250.00 (excl. vat)
Which centres we deliver this at
Waterloovile, Dartford and Warrington
Can it be delivered off site
After completing this course, you can go on to complete the below courses:
- AM2 Assessment
- Test & Inspect 2391-52
You may also be interested in theseSee all Electrical courses
This course allows you to acquire advanced underpinning knowledge and related skills of electrical installation.