Mature Candidate Routeway
The Experienced Worked Assessment (EWA) has replaced the Mature Candidate Assessment (MCA) as of the 1st November 2020.
Are you working in the electrical industry and wish to become a qualified electrician?
This NVQ L3 is an assessment of your competencies and is mandatory if you wish to apply for your JIB Gold Card. You will be required to gather occupational evidence from the workplace. Your achievement will be based upon existing qualifications, site/work based assessments or competence and AM2.
Integral to this qualification is the Electrotechnical Occupational Competence Unit which is assessed by the AM2, we can offer you support with the preparation for this external assessment and assist you with the booking.
This qualification covers the following topics:
- Safe site working
- Technical and functional information
- Health and safety
- Installation preparation and practice
- Diagnosing and correcting faults
- Connecting wiring systems
- Inspection, testing and commissioning
This qualification is portfolio based with support from an assessor. This qualification will be assessed through a variety of methods including observation and products of work.
6 to 12 months
This qualification is for experienced operatives who have been working in the electrotechnical industry as practising electricians for a minimum of 5 years.
Prior to enrolment on to the course, you will undertake a profiling session with one of our Electrical NVQ Assessors to confirm your suitability for the course.
Learners must be over 21 years old.
Can demonstrate acceptable knowledge of the current industry requirements with respect to IET Wiring Regulations and Inspection and Testing.
What we provide
- Dedicated Account Manager
- Fully employed technical team
Course literature needed for the course
Not mandatory for course.
£1099.00 (excl. VAT)
Which centres we deliver this
Can this course be delivered off-site?
- Level 3 Award In the Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations
- Level 3 Award In the Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations
- Level 3 Award In the In-Service Inspections and Testing of Electrical Equipment (PAT)
- Level 4 Award in the Design and Verification of Electrical Installations
You may also be interested in theseSee all Electrical courses
This course allows you to acquire advanced underpinning knowledge and related skills of electrical installation.