Level 4 NVQ Spectator Safety
The Level 4 NVQ in Spectator Safety Management aims to assess the competence of stadium managers and safety officers. Candidates would be expected to demonstrate ability in planning for and ensuring the safety of people at an event, managing resources, and developing and implementing policies. The qualification fulfils the requirements for safety officers set out by the government in the Green Guide. The qualification provides learners with the knowledge and understanding required for spectator safety management such as:
- Develop productive working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders (mandatory)
- Assist the organisation to develop and implement policies (mandatory)
- Provide learning opportunities for colleagues (mandatory)
- Facilitate meetings (optional)
- Implement quality assurance systems (optional)
- Recruit, select and keep colleagues (optional)
- Candidate entry requirements Without evidence of formal qualifications, candidates must demonstrate adequate prior knowledge and experience to ensure they have the potential to gain the qualification.
- 18 years of age +
This qualification is completed through portfolio of evidence acquired whilst working supported by an assessor.
- Event steward (sport, music, etc)
- Security officer/Manager
- Football safety officer
- Spectator safety staff (festivals, carnivals, marches)
- Event volunteer
You may also be interested in theseSee all Security courses
This course will allow you to apply for your CCTV licence with the Security Industry Authority (SIA).