Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work
This course is aimed at those who act as an emergency first aider within the workplace. This would not qualify them for the 3 day first aid at work but would give enough knowledge to provide first aid until fully trained responders arrive on scene. The one day covers the following topics;
- Roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- How to assess an incident
- How to manage an unresponsive breathing/unbreathing casualty
- How to manage a choking casualty
- How to manage bleeding
- How to manage a casualty in shock
- How to respond to minor injuries
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- First aid kit
There is no age limit for this course however a good level of understanding and writing English is expected.
Duration: 1 day
Assessment: Combination of practical demonstration of competence in emergency first aid procedures and a test of underpinning knowledge through verbal questioning or written assessment.
Valid: 3 years
This qualification must be renewed following 3years to continue qualifying as an Emergency First Aider
- Level 3 First Aid at Work
- Level 3 Paediatric First Aid
You may also be interested in theseSee all Security courses
This course will allow you to apply for your CCTV licence with the Security Industry Authority (SIA).