Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation – Industrial and Domestic (2919 -01)
With the government pledging to spend more money on electrical vehicle charging points, don’t miss out on further career opportunities…
This course is designed for fully qualified electricians and covers domestic and commercial installations of electric vehicle charging points.
The course covers all the key skills to install, fault find and inspect and test vehicle charging points. At Brian Scaddan Associates we have a partnership with Rolec, leading specialists in outdoor electrical equipment, this means that on passing this course you will be eligible to be registered on their approved installers scheme. Once registered you will appear on their national database of installers and this can lead to referrals for installation jobs in your area and the ability to draw down government funding for charging point installations.
The course will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to Electric Vehicles – Electric Vehicle types, Characteristics, Charging requirements, Safety considerations
- Overview of Electric Vehicle charging – Modes of charging and requirements, restrictions
- Electrical Installation Requirements – Supply, Earthing, Planning permission, Explosive atmospheres, Protection, Labelling, Control, Risk assessment
- Installation – Practical domestic and commercial installation
- Inspection, Test and Certification – Commissioning and DNO paperwork
- System Test, Fault Finding and Examination – Includes both a practical and written assessments
This 2 day course is classroom-based. You will be assessed by both an online multiple choice exam and a practical assignment.
This course is for those who are conversant with the relevant wiring regulation and initial verification and commissioning.
Proficiency in literacy and numeracy
Learners must be 18 years of age or older.
What we provide
- Dedicated account manager
- Fully employed technical team
- Code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation (IET Standards) (We loan you the official course material)
Course Literature needed for the course
- Code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation (IET Standards)
You are able to loan books for the duration of the course or we can order in for you.
2 Day Course: £270.00 (excl. vat)
Which centres we deliver this at
Waterloovile, Dartford and Warrington
Can it be delivered off site
You may also be interested in theseSee all Electrical courses
This course is aimed at practising electricians who have not carried out inspection and testing since…
The course will ensure that you are meeting the requirements for carrying out formal visual inspections…