Diploma in Electrical Installations Level 3 (2365)
This course allows you to acquire advanced underpinning knowledge and related skills of electrical installation. It does not require occupational evidence from the workplace, so is suitable if you do not already work in the electrical industry but may wish to do so.
The course is a good prerequisite for progressing on to an NVQ and AM2 at a later stage to gain your JIB grading.
This course covers the following topics:
- Health and Safety in Building Services Engineering
- Principles of Electrical Science
- Electrical Installations: Inspection, Testing and Commissioning
- Electrical Installations: Fault Diagnosis and Rectification
- Understand the fundamental principles and requirements of environmental technology systems
- Electrical Systems design
- Career awareness in building services engineering
This course is classroom based. You will be assessed throughout the course, by a range of methods including online exams, practical assessments and written assignments.
We are able to deliver this as a day, weekend or evening course.
8 Weeks (40 days)
Learners must be 16 years of age or older
Be proficient in literacy and numeracy
This course is a natural progression for learners who have already passed the Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installations. It is possible to enrol on to the Level 3 without having passed the Level 2 but you will need to have a professional discussion with one of our tutors and complete a profiling tool to ensure the course is suitable for your skill level.
What we provide
- Dedicated Account Managers
- Fully employed technical team
- Course literature can be loaned to you for the duration of the course
Course literature needed for the course
- Guidance note 3: Inspection & Testing, 8th Edition
- BS7671:2018 Requirements for Electrical Installation, IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition
- IET On-Site Guide (BS7671:2018, 7th Edition)
You are able to loan books for the duration of the course or we can order in for you.
£2665.00 (excl. VAT)
Centres we deliver this at
Dartford, Portsmouth and Warrington
Can this course be delivered off-site?
- Electrotechnical Apprenticeship Programme