This course provides training in the safe storage, selection and mounting of abrasive wheels and discs on portable and bench mounted machines.
Why this course?
- The abrasive Wheels course provides training in the safe storage, selection and mounting of abrasive wheels and discs on portable and bench mounted machines.
- The course is designed for any person who, through their work, comes into contact with abrasive grinding or cutting wheels or requires familiarisation with the associated regulations.
What does the course cover?
- Legislation and Regulations regarding working with Abrasive wheels
- Nature of hazards and identification of causes
- Safe work
- Selection of correct machinery and personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Method of marking
- Handling and transporting
- Checking and use of discs
- Machine Checks
- Mounting and Dressing
Training for the Abrasive Wheels course is conducted either on customers premises or at centres nationwide and is purely a classroom-based course, not specific to any particular grinding or cutting machine. Some practical training will be conducted using the customer’s machines where practicable, or by using our own equipment.
You may also be interested in theseSee all Construction courses
This qualification is designed for technical people working at a senior level in a wide range of job roles…