18th Edition Wiring Regulations (Full Course)
This course will give you an understanding of the application of the IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition. It provides a facility for individuals working in the electrotechnical sector to develop and/or enhance your knowledge in the requirements for Electrical Installation.
Every electrical installation from January 2019 will be designed in line with the 18th Edition wiring regulations. In addition, anyone looking to register on a competent person’s scheme will need to prove that they are up to date.The full course is suggested for anyone who does not currently hold a wiring regulation qualification or who has not qualified up to the 17th Edition 3rd amendment.
The full course will cover the following topics:
- Scope, object and fundamental principles
- Assessment of general characteristics
- Protection for safety
- Selection and erection of equipment
- Inspection and testing
- Special installations or locations
This course is classroom based. You will be assessed through an online multiple choice exam.
We are able to deliver this as a day, weekend or evening course.
- 3 days full course
It is expected that you will have knowledge of electrical installations and/or electrical science.
Proficiency in numeracy and literacy.
Learners must be over 16 years old
What we provide
- Dedicated Account Managers
- Fully employed technical team
- IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition (we loan you the official course material)
- Brian Scaddan Associates revision guide
Course Literature needed for the course
- IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition
(You are able to loan this book for the duration of the course or we can order in for you)
£350.00 (excl. VAT) Full Course
Which centres we deliver this at
Can it be delivered off site
After completing this course, you can go on to complete the below courses:
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical Systems and Equipment (Buildings, Structures and the Environment),
- Level 3 Electrotechnical Qualification,
- Qualifications in environmental technology systems,
- Level 3 Award In the In-Service Inspections and Testing of Electrical Equipment (PAT),
- Level 4 Award in the Design and Verification of Electrical Installations,
- qualifications in inspection and testing.
You may also be interested in theseSee all Electrical courses
This course allows you to acquire advanced underpinning knowledge and related skills of electrical installation.